The ideal schedule
Our Mindwave team is in the UK, so we take into account max shareable hours(in the morning), when planning meetings or catchups
10:00 AM IST is 5:30 AM GMT/UK. i.e UK is 5hrs 30 mins behind us. This can change when Daylight Savings gets mixed in.
There will be announcements in the
#mv_squad channel, when this happens, so that
everyone is aware.
This is how most of our work days look like.
- 10:00 AM Start
- 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM Slack, emails and project catchup
- 11:00 AM to 11:15 AM Morning chai and snacks
- 11:15 AM to 12:30 PM project work
- 12:30 PM to 01:30 PM Lunch
- 01:30 PM to 03:45 PM project work
- 03:45 PM Evening chai and snacks
- 04:00 PM to 06:00 PM project work
- 06:00 PM Slack and emails + project work (if left for the day)
- 07:00 PM End
Just to re-iterate, this is not set in stone. Some of our team members start early, some start a bit late, some squeeze a little bit of work under breaks to have everything windup before 06:30 PM. But we ensure that from 11:00 AM to 06:00 PM, we're available.
A simplified view of the above schedule will look like this,
- 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM this is when standups and meeting are planned.
- 11:00 AM - 06:00 PM project working hours.
- 06:00 PM - 07:00 PM day end windup
- Friday Mediwave Huddle, once every fortnight. We have the other firday off :)
- Unexpected/unavoidable work that needs to the communicated prior to the team.
Setting client expectations
- Mark your calendar before hand if you're going to be away. Mention this to your project team and client well in advance.
- Make sure your team is aware of your sick-leaves.
- Message in channels once when you are sure of your leaves and then once more a day before you are going on them.
- The main objective is clear uninterrupted working hours for everyone, most of the time.
- Some may start a bit early or finish a little late. However its important to set expectations with your team of availability.